Electrical Field Technician
Posted: 1 week ago | Job ID: 2837
BOSS Staffing is currently hiring an Electrical Field Technician for a large electro-mechanical repairs and rewinds company in Mississauga. This is a direct hire opportunity with the client.
Location: Dixie Rd / Eglinton Ave, Mississauga
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift: 7:30am – 4:30pm
Pay rate: $25 – $35 / hr (depending on experience)
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
- 4% vacation pay paid out weekly
- Temporary to Permanent Opportunities
- Overtime Available
- Benefits and other perks upon hire with the client
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Must have Electrical licence 442A or 30 Red Seal for more then 5 years.
- Electrical experience with basic test equipment, including data acquisitions and various instrumentation.
- Ability to interpret, organize, and document results.
- Able to read, interpret and understand electrical drawings.
- Excellent personal interaction skills customer technicians, vendor, and management.
- The ability to work effectively in a close team environment or alone.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have analytical skills, observant , and high safety standards.
- Available frequently to travel locally and perform field work when customer requested.
- Reasonable skill with tools fabrication.
- Willingness to learn vibration analysis motors and generator testing.
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate documentation attribute.
- Experience with work planning and control processes electrical system.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and sell solutions to match customer requirements.
- Hands-on experience in the filed, ability to perform in-place root cause analysis for machine/VFD issue and advanced machinery diagnostics that involved drives and controls.
- Prior experience or proficiency in reliability and predictive maintenance.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and safely.
- Team player and fast learner communication and problem-soling skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including: Word, Excel, PDF, and transfer of data to various computers platforms.
- Ability to create analysis based on finding on site.
Primary job Duties
- Review of site requirements and documents to determine best solution for quotation.
- Work with VFD vendors to obtain best solutions for variable speed drive product offerings.
- Trouble shooting and resolution of VFD/ Motor problems.
- Install and commission drives.
- Maintain records as required and document VFD technical reports.
- Vibration data collection and analysis.
- Testing of motors and generators on sites
- Report generation.
We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates, including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Please complete the form below and upload your resume.