Maintenance Mechanics / Millwrights
Posted: 1 month ago | Job ID: 7837
BOSS Staffing is currently hiring experienced Maintenance Mechanics / Millwrights for a large food production company. This is a direct hire position.
Mississauga – Derry Rd & Airport Rd / 10pm – 7:30am / Sunday – Thursday (some flexibility required)
Note: This is a direct hire position.
Pay Rate: Starting at $36.00/hr and up. See Compensation Below:
- $36.50 per hour base rate, overtime available
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)/ Electricial (309A) add additional $1.00 to base rate when Licensed Tradesperson hold both tickets
- Licensed Mechanic/Refrigeration & Air Conditioning add additional $1.00 to base rate
- Refrigeration B, add additional $1.00 to existing base rate
- Refrigeration Operator Class “A” Certification and Licensed Millwright, add additional $1.00 to base rate
- Gas Fitter add additional $1.00 to base rate for gas fitter license during all hours of work
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
- 4% vacation pay paid out weekly
- Temporary to Permanent Opportunities
- Overtime Available
- Benefits and other perks upon hire with the client
- Must have experience operating refrigeration equipment
- 3-5 years experience as a licensed Millwright
- Must have a valid Refrigeration “B” license for Ontario
- Basic electrical troubleshooting knowledge required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Aptitude for quick trouble shooting and diagnosis of problems with machinery, systems, and facilities
- Industrial plant maintenance experience
- Must be willing and able to lift and or move materials
- Able to work independently and a team player
- Highly organized and multitask oriented
- Experience in a computerized environment, PLC, automated equipment
- Experience in a food plant
- Position requires physical effort 30% to 40% of the time and entails lifting and moving heavy equipment
- Work environment is wet, damp and refrigerated (50 degrees F or less). Warm clothing is required
- Noise level may exceed 90 decibels. Hearing protection is mandatory
- Use of safety shoes is mandatory
- Wearing of prescribed clothing, hair net and beard net are mandatory
Position Summary To perform maintenance and repair of all facility, production machinery, and refrigeration equipment. Will be working on projects to improve safety, production, and environment at the client site. The duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but all inclusive of the position.
- Quickly trouble shoot, diagnose and repair problems as they occur on any equipment or facility
- Communicate and work in a teamwork environment with other maintenance personnel
- Work on projects as assigned
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or designate
- Work in and promote a safe environment
- Must work strictly in compliance with all Health & Safety, HACCP and follow all relevant GMP’s
We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates, including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Please complete the form below and upload your resume.