Maintenance Service Personnel
Posted: 3 weeks ago | Job ID: 0239
BOSS Staffing is currently hiring Maintenance Service Personnel for our client in Brampton.
This is a direct hire opportunity with an amazing benefits and perks package!
Location: Hwy 7 & Hwy 50, Brampton
Monday to Friday – 6am-2pm
Tuesday-Saturday – 8am-4pm
Monday-Friday – 2pm-10pm
Pay Rate: $22.10–$31.73 an hour
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
- 4% vacation pay paid out weekly
- Temporary to Permanent Opportunities
- Overtime Available
- Benefits and other perks upon hire with the client
If hired on permanently, the amazing benefits package includes:
- Semi-automated warehouse environment
- Comprehensive benefits with premiums fully paid for by the company for the “Core” package starting the first day of employment.
- Retirement savings programs including RRSP and DC pension with up to 5.25% employer contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time and day off on your birthday!
- Education reimbursement for employees
- Safety shoe reimbursement
- Previous experience working in an automated warehouse is a definite asset.
- 3+ years in a high-volume, semi-automated distribution centre.
- Experience in a custodial or service role preferred.
- Knowledge of cleaning systems (both hard and soft) and quality assurance programs.
- Knowledge of interior waste/recycling management
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Prior experience using standard hand tools and specialty tools.
- Experience using diagnostic tools.
- Must be able to communicate verbally, actively listening, and in writing.
- Leadership presence and value-based conduct.
- Material handling and Powered Industrial Truck experience.
Computer skills with basic operating knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Human relations skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to foster and develop teamwork with employees.
- Excellent math and organizational skills.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Respond to all alarms and alerts (80% of your duties)
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on all warehouse equipment, including shrink wrap machines, balers, compactors AutoStore, and Packsize systems. (10% of your duties)
- Collecting end of aisle garbage, cardboard, and plastics and delivering them to their proper baler/compactor. (10% of your duties)
- Second level support to Operations
- Logging all alarms and incidents for trending purposes
- Troubleshoot and repair all equipment by applying electro-mechanical knowledge to problem solve.
- Maintain production equipment in a manner that meets Wolseley Canada standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime.
- Recommend new maintenance equipment and tools to improve the capabilities of the Maintenance team.
- Set, calibrate, or adjust equipment, machinery, and instruments so that it aligns with production specifications or instructions.
- Advise Managers and/or Supervisors concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Adjusts lighting, temperature, ventilation, etc. as necessary.
- Prevents hazards by promptly cleaning and removing potential risks.
- Maintains knowledge of all emergency systems and exits.
- Collaborate and coordinate with workers, contractors, journeypersons and other outside services during facility inspections, repairs, and renovations.
- Inspects facilities, systems, and their components for the purpose of identifying necessary repairs.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g., broken/clogged pipes/drains, faucets, gutters, sprinkler heads, grease traps, fixtures, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Performs all job duties according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Participates in JHSC safety programs and workplace inspections.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
- Abide by all company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Abide by all company safety rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Support corporate programs,
We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates, including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Please complete the form below and upload your resume.