Posted: 1 month ago | Job ID: 297
BOSS Staffing is currently hiring a Milling Machinist for a large electro-mechanical repairs and rewinds company in Mississauga. This is a direct hire opportunity with the client.
Location: Dixie Rd / Eglinton Ave, Mississauga
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift: 7:30am – 4:30pm
Pay rate: $25 – $35 / hr (depending on experience)
Note: This is a direct hire opportunity with the client.
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
- 4% vacation pay paid out weekly
- Temporary to Permanent Opportunities
- Overtime Available
- Benefits and other perks upon hire with the client
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Basic machining experience including use of mills, lathes, grinders and drill press
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications
- 3 years experience interpreting basic mechanical drawings
- Lift up to 25lb
- 5 years experience on manual lathe and milling machines
- Ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Perform machining of regular size parts and large diameter parts to standard specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring and grinders
- Exceptional in measuring, examining and testing of completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications using instruments such as micrometers
- Able to perform set up, adjustment and operation all of the basic machine tools to perform machining operations
- Efficient in aligning large parts and secure onto holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials into machines
- Attentive monitoring the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Reviewing sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed t fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Selecting the appropriate tools, machine, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work
- Layout, measuring and marking metal stock in order to display placement of cuts
We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates, including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Please complete the form below and upload your resume.