Outside Technical Sales Representative
Posted: 5 months ago | Job ID: 922
BOSS Staffing is currently hiring an Outside Sales Representative for a large electro-mechanical repairs and rewinds company in Mississauga. The sales region cover western Ontario. This is a direct hire opportunity with the client.
Location: Dixie Rd / Eglinton Ave, Mississauga
Pay rate: $65,000 base salary + commission
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
- 4% vacation pay paid out weekly
- Temporary to Permanent Opportunities
- Overtime Available
- Benefits and other perks upon hire with the client
- Successful track record in sales positions, ability to meet annual quota and exhibit excellent skills in customer account management.
- Bachelor’s degree with sales, industry and professional experience.
- Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude would be an asset.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a repair & service organization with a vast customer base.
- Capable of understanding client applications in various industries and identify sales opportunities within.
- Knowledge of electric equipment, fluid technology or rotating equipment and motor/power transmission types would be an asset.
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer interface and exercise team player approach using excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must possess strong communication and presentation skills to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFQs nd when submitting quotations.
- Self-motivated team player with ability to work I multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment at times.
- Excellent command written and spoken of the English Language.
- Excellent technical aptitude, networking skills, prospecting and problem-solving skills with a proactive hands on attitude.
- Experience with sales tracking system is an asset, computer literate, including web browsing and MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Plan sales work on long-term basis by setting annual quota of calls to customer account. Proportional to the potential of the account.
- Communicate weekly call report to sales manager to ensure all customers are supported effectively.
- Maximize use of time management to ensure coordination of calls geographically to minimize extensive driving for customer visits.
- Actively promote services and products using effective presentation, sales, literatures, samples etc.
- Ability to demonstrate with company equipment as often as possible with or without additional team support.
- Plan daily activities efficiently to minimize off hours or weekend activities.
- Ensure customer account cards are up to date and legible with accurate information annually to avoid unnecessary delay to access customer’s facilities.
- Follow up on sales leads promptly and timely reply to customer requests. All written quotations are required to follow up on a regular basis.
- Prompt investigation and resolution of customers complaints to ensure customer’s satisfaction to achieve after confirmation of complaint is legitimate and justified in accordance to company policies. Understand all company sales and credit policies and procedures to ensure all proper processes are being followed.
- Maintain accurate records of travel, mileage and sales-related expense at a reasonable level.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all services, products and its application in order to recognize the item that will benefit our customer.
- Develop knowledge of customers’ specialities, needs, personal preferences, organizational structure ad financial position in their respective industrial sector.
- Develop product knowledge from competing companies to ensure best value is provided to our customer.
- Analyze the sales pictures of your territory frequently, using sales summaries, review monthly to determine relative status and adjust sales activities accordingly.
- Present to customer professionally with a clean, neat and reasonably formal appearance on all sale visits.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and office tidiness when visiting or returning to the office.
- Able to build robust rapport with current and potential customers by telephone, fax, email and other correspondence.
- Ability to handling sales calls and website inquiries.
- Responding to customers requests, including identifying customer needs and growing profitable market share by presenting new and better products.
- Review processed quotations and sales orders regularly.
- Follow-up on existing quotations within the company’s tracking system.
- Contact continuously existing customers for potential parts needs.
- Establish target sales accounts and provide updated call activity reports.
- Work with marketing department on strategic sales initiatives and promotion.
- Update job knowledge by studying product specifications, industry publications and participating in educational opportunities.
We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates, including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Please complete the form below and upload your resume.