Posted: 1 week ago | Job ID: 957
BOSS Staffing is currently hiring a Vibration Specialist for a large electro-mechanical repairs and rewinds company in Mississauga. This is a direct hire opportunity with the client.
Location: Dixie Rd / Eglinton Ave, Mississauga
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift: 7:30am – 4:30pm
Pay rate: $25 – $35 / hr (depending on experience)
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
- 4% vacation pay paid out weekly
- Temporary to Permanent Opportunities
- Overtime Available
- Benefits and other perks upon hire with the client
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Mechanical or structural engineering or closely related field that includes expertise in structural dynamics.
- Experience with basic test equipment, including data acquisition equipment and various instrumentation.
- Experience with basic vibration environmental simulation techniques.
- Ability to interpret, organize and document results.
- Excellent personal interaction skills with management and technologists.
- The ability to work efficiently in a close team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with structural dynamic test development, including familiarity classical vibration of equipment, test set up and data acquisition systems.
- Experience with work planning and control processes.
- Hands on experience in the field, ability to perform in place machine balancing and advanced machinery diagnostics in including drives and controls.
- Strong proficiency in reliability engineering and PDM principles and techniques, and the successful implementation of this knowledge.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Team player with good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and transfer of data to various computer platforms.
- Ability to create drafts basic vibration analysis reports based on findings on site.
- Fluent in written and spoken English language
- Collects vibration data from all rotating equipment using portable data collectors.
- Preparation of technical reports, test sheets, vibration analysis and recommendations.
- Evaluate vibration, balancing problem with equipment and carry out required measurement to fix the problems.
- Coordinate and facilitate with customer specialist in troubleshooting chronic vibration related problems.
- Maintain machines vibration records and documented vibration technical reports and study for customer
- Plans, schedule, analysis, execute or manages vibration analysis activities and onsite testing business for Magneto Electric’s customers.
- Directs systematic approach toward a fuller knowledge or understanding of the fundamental aspects of vibration for electrical equipment and of observable facts, and discovers new approaches to achieve business and customer’s goals.
- Creates new understandings and capabilities by using the scientific method’s test, and evaluation techniques; critical review; or similar engineering application methods.
- Initiates, planning executes, and evaluates new customer, products, or systems through basic engineering to vibration of equipment ; to construct or operate the same with full cognizance of their design; or to forecast their behaviour under specific electrical operating conditions for customer’s needs.
- Ability to cross train junior technician or individual on fundamental of vibration principles and transfer knowledge to create a successful team across the organization.
We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates, including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Please complete the form below and upload your resume.