At BOSS staffing, we do everything we can to ensure the well-being and safety of all our employees. As your employer, we are responsible for providing you with a safe and encouraging work environment. We achieve this by:
- Working with our clients to clearly understand the scope of work to be performed so we can better communicate that to you.
- Ensuring that, wherever possible, our clients provide adequate and ongoing training to our employees when needed, particularly when handling equipment or machinery.
- Making sure our employees receive health and safety training prior to the start of their assignment. For example, this may include WHMIS or TDG training. With an in-house Safety and Compliance Officer, you can be assured you’ll be trained in important safety protocols.
- Briefing our employees about their rights. This includes the right to know the hazards of the job; the right to participate in a workplace’s health and safety program; and the right to refuse work if conditions are believed to be unsafe.
- Adhering to important legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), the Employment Standards Act (ESA) and, in the case of safety incidents, reporting to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).
We are committed to excellence in safety and will take every reasonable precaution to protect our employees. In return, we expect our employees to follow the law and to respect the safe work procedures set out by our clients.
Let’s work together to ensure everyone’s health and safety.